This was my second time watching this movie. The first time I was in eighth grade and thought that it was really boring. I don't remember even staying to finish the ending. This time, however, I really liked it. The time that they were in space was a little too long, I would say still. But, it is still a fascinating story. The main character played by Tom Hanks is my favorite character because he seems like such a good guy and great husband and father. If I were his wife or child I would be so scared for his life because space is such a scary place to be, especially when something goes wrong.
I would recommend this movie to anyone older than at least fourteen and able to understand and follow movies well. It is one of those movies that you can either love or hate.
In my opinion, NASA budget is one hundred percent to much. I understand that the technology and machinery costs a lot of money, but there are other important things that should be funded for besides the fact that we want a couple of people to have the experience of going into space.
We are not funding the shuttle program for a reason. I think that as a nation, we have cared less about being better than every other nation in the world, which is good and bad. Good because we don't have to pay so much money to get ahead and that money can go to other uses. It's bad because we may not stay the most advanced and strongest nation in the world anymore.
Although, unlike Emma, I didn't really like the movie that much, I definitely agree with her that NASA's budget was way too much. That money can go to so many other more important things such as education or those in need. But unlike Emma, I really do think that the United States care a lot about being better than every other nation. Maybe they care about being better in things that really shouldn't matter, such as space exploration, other than issues that effect their citizens.
ReplyDelete