Sunday, February 9, 2014

Tombstone Review

I do not usually enjoy watching movies about the Wild West. I can't even sit through a whole entire Cowboy movie without getting bored. This movie, however, I watched the whole thing without getting completely disinterested. When I first started watching the beginning, I was not too thrilled. There were a lot of gun shootings which were entertaining, but the next scenes when everyone is in Tombstone, I got a little lost. There were a lot of different characters with mustaches that I couldn't tell some of them apart. As the movie got more into detail and the stories unfolded, it caught my attention a little bit more. Overall, I would rate this movie as a 5.5 out of 10 because the action scenes were very fun to watch and I liked some of the characters, like Doc Holliday and Wyatt Earp. I liked how, despite the hardships they had to face, they remained good friends. I do not think that this movie changed my mind enough to want to learn more about the wild west, but it was interesting enough to watch and I would recommend this to people who like cowboy movies.

What makes an event legendary are the people who continue to remember the event that took place and tell others of this event. What makes a person legendary are their actions. Wyatt Earp is someone that I consider legendary because he helped to "tame the cowboys." Without him, cowboys, like the ones in the movie could still be around today. The cowboys in the movie were trouble makers who never liked to follow the rules, so I could only imagine how terrible it would be if they existed in today's world. I think that the most interesting part of learning about the Wild West are the trips they took to get to the Western towns. The people faced a lot of hardships to get to towns like Tombstone, so it is appealing to me to learn about their journey.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree with a lot of Emma's review of Tombstone. I, also, do not typically enjoy movies about the "Wild West" but I was definitely able to sit through and even enjoy this movie. Also, as Emma hinted at, a lot of characters didn't really stick out to me aside from Wyatt and Doc as well as a couple of others. For a decent amount of the movie, though, I was very confused with who certain people were and what exactly was going on. I, as well as Emma, enjoyed the action scenes and I definitely wish there were more of them to keep the movie more thrilling.

    ReplyDelete