Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Introduction

Hi everyone, my name is Emma. People describe me as friendly, caring, responsible, and fun-loving because I love helping others when they are in need. Some things that interest are swimming for fun, volunteering at an animal shelter, playing the saxophone and clarinet, traveling, watching TV, sleeping, and eating; the usual. My goal in life is to get into veterinary school and become a successful veterinarian for, preferably, domestic animals, such as dogs, cats, rodents, etc. I like school because it gives me a chance to see my friends and learn more about important things that I will need to know later in life. I also dislike school because it begins early in the morning and is a lot of work, which I must get through in order to become successful. The qualities I believe create a good teacher are, helpful, nice, humorous, easy to talk to, has a flexible schedule, and knows what they are talking about. On a scale of 1 to 10 of how much I like history, (10 being I love history) it would probably be a 5. History is very important and everyone should learn about what happened in the past, but it is not something that I particularly love to learn about.


Am I proud of humanity?
There are some events in the past that I am proud of humanity for and some events that I am not so proud of humanity for. One event that makes me disappointed in humanity is the Holocaust. This was one of the worst events that happened in history of the world. Over 10 million innocent people were killed during this tragedy. The Germans blamed all of their problems on the minorities, Jews. They created concentration camps (murder camps) that helped to kill Jews faster and more efficiently. This event has made people question whether Germany and the rest of the world will ever recover.
There are many events that makes me constantly question humanity, like when there is a school shooting, or a bombing. After the fact, however, the community it happened in comes together to help these individual victims and their families who were impacted by these occurences. This coming together of people is what brings back the faith in humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment